Shipping & Returns
Photography Experience Terms and Conditions
Registering to attend a photography experience indicates your acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
1. Registration is accepted first come first served based on receipt of a completed registration form and payment of the registration fee. Payments may be made online with a PayPal or by bank transfer. Where you agree to pay for a course in instalments, you are committed and liable to pay all of the instalments if you subsequently decide to leave the course for any reason.
2. If the experience or course is cancelled by Through the Lens Experiences, you will receive a full refund. If you must cancel your registration, you will receive a full refund or credit for use at a future experience or course up to 30 days before the experience. Your registration fee will not be refunded if you cancel less than 30 days before the start of the experience or course, but you will be offered a credit to the value of the fee you have paid for future experiences. Through the Lens Experiences reserve the right to alter or cancel any experience. We will try not to do this, but if we have to, you will have the choice of accepting the change, transferring to an alternative experience date, or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a full refund.
3. Because of unpredictable weather or other things beyond our control, photography experiences must remain flexible. This means that the descriptions and itinerary are an indication of what we may do on the experience, rather than an absolute promise of items and activities.
4. Outdoor experiences may require walking for several miles over uneven ground, managing pests such as ticks or
mosquitoes, inclement weather, and other unforeseen difficulties. If you have concerns about your own capabilities and/or fitness, please contact Through the Lens Experiencesbefore registering. By submitting a registration form you certify that you do not knowingly have any condition that would create a risk for you or other participants.
5. Participants will receive two emails before the experience:
1) a confirmation of registration and payment, and
2)details on where and when we will meet, recommendations on clothing, camera equipment and other gear, and a reading list to help you prepare for the experience, as well as contact information should you have any questions.
6. Through the Lens Experiences, guest presenters and experience assistants aim to provide every participant a safe, educational, and enjoyable experience. There is always an element of risk in any outdoor activity including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, illness, and loss or damage to personal property. By attending any experience offered by Through the Lens Experiences participants acknowledge that they are aware of these risks and are physically capable of safely taking part in the experience. Further, they release Through the Lens Experiences guest presenters and experience assistants from any liability. We assume no liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, mishap, or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of the experience or in transit thereto. We accept no liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services because of weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness.
COVID-19 - Through the Lens Experiences events are organised in line with government guidelines on social distancing. Paul Burgess, guest presenters and experience assistants will socially distance in line with government guidelines at all times during the event. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the current government guidelines and recommendations regarding Covid-19 before the event, and to behave at all times during the event in accordance with these guidelines and recommendations. We accept no liability for any loss or additional expense caused by participants ignoring government social distancing guidelines and/or other recommendations regarding Covid-19.
7. If you have a complaint, or you are not satisfied with your experience you should tell us about it at the time so that we have an opportunity to put things right. If you feel or felt that you could not raise the issue at the time, you should make your complaint no more than 28 days after the experience ends.